The purchase of the antique style engagement rings is one of the most beautiful ways to integrate your past love within your future dreams. If you are the lover of Victorian rings then the engagement ring which is more than the century old is one of the best choices.
Breaking the experience of the engagement ring shopping within some manageable steps can help you in getting the best ring for your loved ones.
1. Style Selection:
Before you start the shopping, it is important to have a sound knowledge about styles which were popular among the past eras. There is a larger variation in the Victorian engagement ring designs according to the era to which they belong. Here are the most important eras of the past according to which the rings have been designed:
- Georgian: the Georgian era shows the time period of the engagement rings that carry multiple settings of stones. Most of the rings belonging to this era have the swirling design within ring shank. Some carries gemstone but some are exclusively embellished with the diamonds.
- Victorian: the next era, Victorian era carries engagement rings which are most famous these days. The Victorian wedding rings have the Art Nouveau era sweeping lines or the Belle Epoch glamour and glitz.
- Edwardian: this era had very simple wedding ring designs and most of these designs featured the geometric stones with tapered side shanks but there are also some other rings which are embellished with the diamonds and the mixture of the gemstones.
- Understand value:
Generally, the vintage ring is usually 100 years old and they are considered as less expensive when compared with the rings that are made up of the similar material. But this is not true with all the antique jewelry. There are also some other factors influencing price of the antique Victorian wedding rings.
- Materials: similar to the vintage or contemporary piece, the valuable part in the vintage diamond engagement rings is the material. The color, cut, clarity and the size of the carat of the diamond also affects the price.
- Condition: with the passage of the time, the stones loose from the ring settings and they get lost and the gold gets scratched and dull as well. The improper restoration can easily reduce the ring value too. The highly valuable ring with carry the original stones and is easily restored by the jewelers.
- Rarity and desirability: the ring which is more than the 200 years old is much difficult to obtain as compared to the vintage wedding ring which is only 100 years old. So, the ring which carries an old fashioned diamond cut or some other similar work that is rare then such ring will be more desirable and it will also be very costly too.
- Set the budget:
So if you are looking for the antique Victorian wedding rings for your special day then it is best to set your budget before shopping. This is how they will be able to get the best piece in their own price. You can easily decide that how much you can easily afford to spend on the rings.