Now cleaning jewelry at home is a piece of cake with these simple tips and techniques. Read on to know more about them
• A simply way to restore back the shine of silver is by lining a bowl with aluminium foil and then adding lukewarm water to it. The next step is to mix bleach free powder and soak the jewelry in it for about 5-10 minute. Using the scientific method of ion exchange, the silverware gets completely cleaned with it.
• A mixture of ammonia in warm water acts as a good agent for cleaning up gold and silver based jewelry. Use this solution as a cleansing mixture, by pouring the jewel trinkets in them. Then with the help of soft cloth, wipe off the surface leaving it with a gleam. Be careful not to use this technique with pearls as it may mar the surface of pearls.
• A quick way of fixing up the dirt from the gold and silver jewel pieces is with the help of baking soda. For gold, apply a thin layer of baking soda along with traces of vinegar and rub off the surface of gold metal. This acts as a scrub to remove the dirt particles. In case of silverware, use a thick coat of baking soda along with water.
• Beer- Yes, it can help to achieve back the shine of the jewelry by just dabbing cotton in it. Working as lighting the
• Club soda- Levying a glow to all your precious gemstones such as rubies, emeralds, sapphires and diamonds, is simple with the aid of club soda. Soak in these pieces in club soda and leave them overnight. In the morning, rinse it off with fresh clean water and see the difference on our own.
• Denture tablets- To get the glow back on your dazzling pieces of diamonds rings; just soak the diamonds in water which has a dissolved tablet of denture in it. It will attract all the dirt from its surface imparting a perfect glow.
• Toothpaste - Another ideal and easy way of cleaning diamond rings is by brushing it up with toothpaste. With the fluoride content in it, the dirt is scooped away easily leaving behind a shimmery shine.
• Vinegar- One of the powerful tools to remove away all the tarnish from the silverware is by using Vinegar. White vinegar mixed with a pinch of baking soda and water makes an ideal paste for this purpose. Immerse the silver ware be it rings, bracelets or anklets in them for 3-4 hours and then wipe it off with clean damp cloth.
• Vodka- This ladies drink has a magical power of cleaning on all kinds of Swarovski pieces of jewels including diamonds. The procedure is simple too. Dip a napkin in vodka and wipe off the crystalline surface with it. The dull surface will start gleaming instantly.
• Window cleaners- A quick and effective solution for getting the glow back on metallic jewelry is by spraying it up with Window cleaner. However, be careful not to use this technique on organic or opaque gemstones.
Try out these techniques and get the glow back on your favorite jewel pieces, which is quite easy and cheap as compared to the high cost charged by professional jewelers. Still if you want to opt for professional help, you should contact Jewels Queen that offers the most reasonable prices for cleaning. We would like to mention that above tips are just suggestions and we do not guarantee for the tips offered.