Diamonds are one of the best jewel pieces to buy. In fact, its sparkling shine, grandeur and opulence levy a luxurious overall appeal. However, to maintain this grandeur, regular cleaning up is a must requirement. The shine of these opulent pieces can easily fade away if proper care is not taken. Here are some ideas of diamond care which can come in handy to treasure and lock the brilliant shine of the diamond jewels:
Prevention-The best solution
The best solution for maintenance is prevention. Yes it’s easy to say than to do. But trust me; this simple advice goes a long way to help in proper diamond jewelry maintenance. There are loads of thing to keep in mind while handling the diamond pieces. Here is a list of some of them:
• Always keep the diamond jewel pieces in a separate pouch.
• Remove the diamond jewels such as diamond rings while doing household chores such as washing of clothes or dishes. Detergents have strong chemicals in them which can aid in dulling the surface of the diamonds.
• Always keep the diamonds away from oil and grease since it is more susceptible to attracting them.
• While indulging in heavy works, avoid wearing the diamond jewels since sweat is in no way good for diamonds.
• Keep the diamonds away from harmful chemicals such as chlorine. They are abrasive for the surface of the diamonds.
• While cleaning the diamond pieces, always use a lint free cloth for the purpose of buffing. Paper towels or other materials have a chance of scratching away the surface and hence must be avoided under all cost.
• Keeping the diamond away from strong waves of heat, dust, and pollution is always recommended. While going out, one must remove these pieces and keep it away else they get damaged.
A regular regime for maintenance
A handy jewelry maintenance tip is that one should be regular in maintaining the diamonds. This essentially means that make it a habit of cleaning the diamonds once or twice every month. Set aside a dedicated day wherein diamonds will be taken care with the cleansing, scrubbing and washing techniques. Use soapy solution for cleansing purpose which can also be substituted with ammonia solution or baking powder paste. Use damp and lint free cloth for rinsing and buffing process. Regular cleaning is the key for increasing the longevity of the spark of diamond
Adhere to repairs instantly
A very important factor while maintaining the diamond jewels is to adhere to any kind of damage or repair instantly. Usually diamonds are engraved in pave setting or prong settings which mean that if any one diamond piece gets loosened, the others will automatically get weakened. Hence, utmost care should be taken to get any repair catered to instantly.
Getting professional help
Getting professional help from reputed jewelers such as Jewels Queens is also recommended once in a while. Special ultrasonic techniques for the cleansing purpose are quite in vogue these days. However, they should be used once in a while only.
Also, we would like to mention that all these tips are suggestive in nature, and we do not in any way guarantee the tips offered.