Diamonds are quite close to a women’s heart. A natural weakness this opulent Swarovski holds quite an important position in one’s mind. To keep the dazzle and brilliance intact, it is utmost important to regularly clean the diamond. Diamonds tend to get dirty by everyday dust and pollution which ultimately mars its bedazzling shine. Here are certain tips on how to clean your diamond:
Easy Tips to Get Brightness Like New Diamond Jewelry
• Water- The simplest form of cleaning the diamond earrings or rings or any other diamond jewelry pieces is with water. All you need to do is to boil water and then add the diamonds in it for a few minutes. Take them off and buff it with a dry cloth. In case detailed cleansing is required, take a bowl and put an aluminium coating on it. Now add lukewarm water to it and a bleach free detergent. Mix it well. Now soak the diamonds for a couple of minutes in it and then wash it with fresh water. Buff dry. In case the jewel has pave settings, use a toothpick to clean up the intricate areas.
• Chemicals- Some chemical agents can be used for cleaning diamond. Mild chemicals can attract the dirt particles like magnet and renders the diamonds clean. Here are certain chemicals which can come in handy to clean diamonds:
• Ammonia- Ammonia works like magic for the crystalline surface of diamonds. Take about 1 tablespoon of ammonia in a glass full of water and dissolve it completely. Take a sponge and dab it in the solution. Use the sponge to clean the surface of diamond. Wipe off the surface gently. After cleansing, use a lint free clean cloth and use it for final touch. Ammonia will embark an outstanding glaze to diamonds.
• Denture tablets- Yes this tablet can come in handy for cleaning diamonds. Dissolve a tablet of denture in a glass full of water. Ensure that the water is at room temperature. Now soak the diamond jewels for about 10-15 minutes. Then take out the diamonds and brush them off with a toothbrush of soft bristles. The original spark of the diamonds will be restored instantly.
• Tooth Paste- The fluoride content in toothpaste works wonders for the crystalline diamonds. Take a generous amount of tooth paste and apply it evenly on the surface of diamonds. Leave it on for about 10 minutes. Wipe it off with a damp lint free cloth and check out the shine.
• Soda- The effervescence of the soda works wonders for importing diamonds its opulent shine. Different forms of soda can be used to instantly clean the surface of diamonds.
• Baking Soda- Make a thick paste with one-fourth cup of baking soda and two cups of water. Use this paste as a cleansing agent and apply it on diamonds. Clean it after 10-15 minutes with the help of a damp cloth. Using this technique once in a month can give amazing results.
• Club Soda- Soak in the diamond jewel pieces for overnight in a solution of club soda. In the morning rinse it off with clean fresh water.
All these are suggestive options for cleaning diamond jewelry and we do not in any way guarantee the tips offered. For a professional touch, one can contact reputed jewelers like Jewels Queen.