When a man is shopping for a diamond ring for looking fashionable or a woman is looking out for an engagement or wedding ring for her fiancé, there is scope for lots of confusion. There are different ring styles and qualities of diamonds.
Knowledge of what design is liked by the man, will make things simpler. Here are a few tips to choose the perfect ring for your man:
• Decide on a budget: Like any other precious material, a diamond rings for men come in a range of prices. You can find a simple design for as low as a few hundred dollars. But if you are set on a ring with diamonds, other precious stones or a designer label, it could set you back by thousands of dollars. So to spend the ideal amount, decide on a budget to match your means. This is so that you don’t spend more than you can afford.
• Know his personal taste and lifestyle: Rings come in different styles and shapes, so you must choose one that complements his taste and lifestyle. What does he do and wear regularly? Is he into T-shirts and jeans? He might not like a flashy design. If he works with hands like a surgeon or sportsperson, a simple design will be better suited.
• Choose the best ring: You must select a diamond ring that mixes and matches on the four C’s- Carat, Clarity, Color and Cut. Also, it must cater to the taste of the recipient and fit within your budget.
How do you decide on the four C’s of the diamond in your ring?
• Carat of diamond: It refers to the physical measure of the diamond by weight. The weight of the diamond may not be reflected in how large it looks. Different shapes of a diamond can make a smaller diamond look big and a bigger diamond look small. Another point to note is that diamonds are priced by half carats and carats. Anything in-between will be available at big discounts. Generally, men do not prefer big carats and may choose a cluster of small diamonds.
• Cut: It refers to how well light passes through the diamond and depends on the artistry of craftsmen. Cuts are rated as poor, fair, good, very good and ideal. The cut is the main feature that determines the sparkle and brilliance of a diamond. If a man desires to possess a ring that draws all attention, gift him one with perfect cuts.
• Clarity: Because of the mining process, all diamonds have tiny imperfections called as inclusions (internal) and blemishes (external). These cannot usually be detected by the naked eye. The clarity grading of a diamond ranges from included, slightly included, very slightly included and flawless. The best way to cut cost of a diamond is to compromise on its clarity which is not a very obvious feature.
• Color: Diamonds are rated on a scale of D to Z and indicate how colorless a diamond is with D standing for utmost purity and lack of color. Lower grade color of a diamond is the best means to save money. But diamonds with vivid fancy colors like black, red, blue, green, pink and yellow are very expensive as they are rare. Less expensive versions of colored diamonds are ones which have been treated artificially.
These are some of the aspects to consider while buying a diamond ring for a man.
Read more tips...