Maintenance is the key to successful longevity of jewel pieces including its sharp luster and shine. Diamond Jewelry requires special attention when it comes to maintenance. Follow these tips and tricks which can do wonders to keep your jewels give an everlasting shine. Knows the basics of how to maintain jewelry in 5 simple steps as follows:
• Basic Cleansing- Loads of methods have popped in the market that helps in cleaning jewel pieces such as chemical cleansers and steamers that soak up the dirt from the jewelry. However, jewels can be cleansed up easily at home. Just soak your pieces of gold in lukewarm water, which may or may not contain non-detergent soap. After about 10-15 minutes, take them off the water and rinse it with fresh water. In case detailed cleanup is required, use a thin brush that aids in achieving the same. The same process can be used for maintaining diamond necklaces.
• Regular check of jewelry- Very few are aware of the fact that jewelry which have precious stones embedded in them can be lost, of their settings are not regularly taken for check. Prongs, stones and links should be regularly checked to ensure that their structure is perfectly apt in form. This particularly holds true for diamond earrings.
• Taking care of base metal- Each piece of jewelry is casted on the base metal which requires proper caring techniques to maintain the same. The process aims at protecting them from wear, tarnish and scratch.
o Platinum- Known for its sheer brilliance, platinum needs a professional touché while polishing it. Once in two months is a must to keep the metal dazzling in its original form.
o White Gold- White gold gets its appearance due to addition of additives. All the more, the shiny glaze is a result of rhodium coating over its surface. These additives tend to wear out levying a dull surface texture. Rhodium coating also wears off marring the look of white gold. Hence, ensure to get white gold polished twice in a year along with reviving the coating of rhodium.
o Silver- The metal silver is prone to undergo natural oxidation process which in turn tarnishes the surface of it. Various kinds of products are available in the market to do away with the tarnishing process however, a professional touché is mandatory from time to time.
• Instant repair process- Jewel pieces that tend to get disrupted or damaged due to one or the other reason should be amended as soon as possible. Frugal parts may lead to loss of gemstones or breaking up of metal pieces even more. As soon as any damage is encountered, take it away for quick repair process.
• Keep away jewels from chemicals- Chemicals can have harmful impact on the jewel pieces. Hence, it is utmost important to keep the jewels away from them. For instant, apply deodorants and perfumes on bare body, wait for at least five minutes and then adorn the jewel pieces.
So, follow all these simple tips and treasure the shine and luster of your jewels for prolonged period of time.
For professional cleaning, you can contact Jewels Queen whose cost is far less than levied by other professionals. The aforementioned tips are purely suggestions and we do not warranty the advice solicited.